These were confirmed at the November 2017 Board meeting:
NPB Board Meeting – 22nd March @ 12:30 pm, , Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR
NPB Board Meeting – 28th June @ 12:30 pm, , Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR
NPB Board AGM – 20th September @ 12:30 pm, , Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR
NPB Board Meeting – 28th September @ 13:30 pm, , Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR
NPB Board Meeting – 13th Decemer @ 12:30 pm, Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR
The AGM was chaired by Wendy Walsh, Resident Board member in the absence of the Vice Chair Tracey Barrington and Lord Rocker, who stepped down as Independent Chair in September 2016.
Wendy delivered the Vice Chair’s report for the period 1st January 2015 to 31st December 2015 at the NPB’s 12th AGM.
- Thanks for the three year tenure and commitment of Lord Rooker as independent chair.
- Reaffirmation of the NPB’s longstanding commitment to “shape continued successful regeneration through strong partnership working, local management and community control”.
- Setting out a reminder that despite the good quality housing, pleasant environment and a good range of amenities such as the pool, library and stadium on the Vale that there remain issues around skills, jobs and employment and health inequalities compared with other parts of Birmingham – these will form the main priorities to address over the next Neighbourhood Plan.
- The review instigated by the NPB of whether a Community Council would be beneficial in Castle Vale – being taken forward currently through a steering group.
- The refresh of the 2011-20 Neighbourhood Plan started in 2015 and now to be taken forward throughout 2017 to shape a plan up to 2030.
- Board were updated on the process for recruiting a new Independent chair and the agreed a selection panel of 2 Resident Board Members and 2 partners to shortlist and interview candidates.
- Board agreed one additional resident Board Member – John Miles and delegated to the Chair/Vice Chair the power to appoint one additional member early in the new calendar year to bring the full complement of 6 resident board members
- Board noted that the accounts for 2015 had already been agreed by Board in September alongside the appointment of auditors for the 2016 financial cycle.
Applications are due in Friday 2nd December 2016 . Detail from:
Role conversation with Simon Wilson, Director of Housing and Customer Services, CVCH on 07711006432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruitment process is now currently underway to appoint a successor to Lord Rooker as the independent Chair of the Castle Vale Neighbourhood Partnership Board. Details are posted on the Guardian Jobs Page (jobs.the guardian.com) in the Charities Section.
Al interested may call Simon Wilson, Director of Housing and Customer Services on 0121 748 8120 for a confidential discussion on the role or Ifor Jones, Neighbourhood Partnership Co-ordinator on 07413 009670 to get a the information pack.
In 2013 Lord Rooket had a hard act to follow – building on the achievements of Lord Corbett of Castle Vale, who had been the first chair of the Neighbourhod Partnership Board since 2002.
At the Board meeting held on 15th September Wendy Walsh, resident Board member thanked Lord Rooker on behalf of all residents, the wider community and partners active across Castle Vale for the leadership and support he had brought over his three year tenure as chair. Amongst his achievements was helping to sort out a sustainable future for the Community Campus and overseeing the refreshing of the Neighbourhood Plan for Castle Vale.
Lord Rooker commented that it had been a privilege to follow on the achievements of his predecessor Lord Corbett and to fulfil the three-year commitment he had made to serving the people and communities of the Vale as chair of the Neighbourhood Partnership.
Steps are now being taken to select a similar high calibre independent chair to take forward the next phase of neighbourhood regeneration in Castle Vale. Contact on behalf of the Baord: Simon Wilson, Director of Housing and Customer Services at Castle Vale Community Housing (email@example.com).
There are six Resident Board Members who help shape key strategic decisions about the future of Castle Vale from employment, skills and education to health, the local environment and community safety.
For more information contact Ifor Jones, the Neighbourhood Partnership Co-ordinator on 0121 748 8189 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. An information session on what the role entails and the process for being elected is being held on the 5th October 2016 at the Pioneer Group Board Room, 11 High Street, B35 7PR. All residents living in Castle Vale are eligible to stand and are welcome to attend the briefing.
The Pioneer Group is an alliance of people and organisations who are passionate about communities. In an era driven by an undoubted need for more new homes, Pioneer believes there is also a place for community – influenced housing and people- based initiatives to breathe energy into neighbourhoods that may be struggling to thrive. We are building on past successes and taking the best of our regeneration expertise to other local communities
The Pioneer Group are currently recruiting for a number of roles:
- Vale Stadium Steward
- Neighbourhood Partnership Coordinator
- Customer 1st Advisor
- Corporate Services Officer (2 posts)
- Business Administration Apprenticeship
Further information and application packs are available to download from the Pioneer Group website at www.pioneergroup.org.uk or by calling the HR Team on 0121 748 8154.
From the 13th of June the CVCH Estates Services Team will be launching the Helping Hands Gardening Service.
The aim of the service is to assist any resident within our community in carrying out minor gardening works and repairs. We want to ensure that if there are residents who need help with maintaining their gardens, we can carry out this work for you at a very competitive price.
- Grass. cutting.
- Trim edges.
- Prune bushes.
- Repair gates and fence panels.
- Paint fences.
We will be introducing more new services soon, and hope to launch a minor repairs service in the near future.
Just contact us and we will arrange to visit you to see what the work is and give you a quote.
To arrange a quote call: 0121-748-8100
From 9th June 2016, the TRA will be working in partnership with Fountain Solicitors to provide free legal advice. To find out more please contact Kuldeep or Miriam on 0121 747 3592 or pop into the TRA office, 10 High St, Castle Vale, B35 7PR.