BMetC sold Spitfire House, or Castle Vale Community Campus as it is known to some, to East Birmingham Network Free School (EBN) in July 2015. Since then the Free School has opened, making use of the first and second floor in the building. The ground floor of the building is protected for community learning use and over the past few months community representatives have been meeting with the EBN to negotiate the use of this space.
The TRA will have better office facilities with more private interview space. The library will continue in the same space with upgraded toilet facilities. The TRA will manage the community facilities which will include rooms for community hire and other community uses.
Ideas put forward so far include a community cafe and fresh food co-operative or community shop.
We are confident that we can make better use of the building for the community – but we need to know what you want! Nothing is decided yet so come along and have a look at the new plans and share your thoughts about how the community can make better use of the building.
- Do you think that local people would be interested in a shop which sells affordable, good quality fruit and vegetables as well as other basic household supplies?
- What should the building be called?
- What sort of courses would you like to see put on there?
You can let us have your views in a number of ways…
- Complete the ‘What next for Spitfire House’ Survey available at local buildings or online at:
- Visit the information display on the ground floor of the Spitfire House
- Come along to the drop in sessions at the library and have a chat with us on:
Monday 2nd November 4pm to 6pm
Wednesday 4th November 10am to 1pm
- Email your comments to:
- Call us on 0121 748 8189
THIS CONSULTATION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2015